After a few days with some problems to build an OpenMoko *.ext2 image for my TX I get the new UI run on the Palm TX!
Here is a quick guide:
- Get the TX-Kernel from here and unpack all to the SD-card.
- Download the rootfs, copy to the /linux folder on your card and rename to rootfs.ext2 or build your on rootfs with the MokoMakefile (you have to edit the /build/conf/local.conf and set MACHINE="palmtx", IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ext2", IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_ext2=102400)
- Edit /etc/Xserver to adjust the DPI settings and add:
ARGS="$ARGS -dpi 150 -screen 320x480 -hide-cursor -root-ppm /usr/share/pixmaps/xsplash.ppm" ;;
- Generate a swap file: dd if=/dev/zero of=swap.fs bs=1024 count=65536 and copy it to the /linux directory on your card.
- Tap Cocoboot and see OpenMoko booting!
I want to thank Marex, |miska| from Hack&Dev and the guys from OpenMoko IRC for their help!